Commercial steamers have become popular over time as people opt for more healthy meals and efficient cooking methods. Cooking food in steam especially vegetables will ensure they retain their natural color and nutrients. A commercial steamer is an essential appliance for restaurants and institutions that advocate for healthy eating, and it’s critical that the appliance is working efficiently for such institutions to live up to their mission. Make sure that you follow the commercial appliances service schedule as this will ensure that your commercial steamer is working perfectly
Tips on How to Take Care of Your Commercial Steamer
It’s vital that you keep the steamer clean to avoid food contamination.
- Switch and Empty the Steamer
Once you have finished steaming, switch it off and Remove the water from the drip tray and let it cools completely
Depending on the size of the steamer soak it in warm water with soap to loosen any food stuck in the appliance. If your steamer is huge, remove the lid, steaming container and drip tray and soak them in warm water.
Clean the steamer with fabric and ensure that the electric plug doesn’t come in contact with the water. After cleaning dry the steamer with a dry cloth and let it stand for a while before using it again. You can use vinegar to wipe the interior as it will disinfect the steamer. It’s essential that you delime the steamer regularly as the accumulation of lime may cause the heating element to malfunction. Don’t forget to clean the door, latch and the steamer control knobs
Tips on How to keep your commercial steamer working for long
- Change the filters regularly
- Check for loose covers, faulty controls and cracked as often as possible to avoid the problem from degenerating
- Ensure that steamer is cleaned daily and no food particles remain food tray
- Use a descaling agent to remove the build-up of lime in the element every week to keep the steamer effective
- Don’t turn the steamer on when it has no water
- Get advice from the commercial steamer repair experts on how best to take care of the steamer and the best products for cleaning it.
- Follow the commercial appliance service schedule without fail to ensure your commercial steamer works well
- Clean the steamer every day to avoid food build up
Sign that your Commercial Steamer needs repair
If you notice any of the following signs immediately contact the commercial appliances repair, expert
- The steamer fails to heat up
- No steam even though the water level is ok
- Dripping water from the Nozzle. Also, check whether the nozzle is making some burbling sound
- The steamer has some clicking noises.