Commercial kitchen appliances contribute a lot in restaurant’s day to day activities. Persistent use puts the appliances at risk of issues that could result in expensive repairs and decrease the life of appliances, while impacting your efficiency to provide food to your customers. This is the reason why preventive maintenance of commercial kitchen appliances is highly recommended to avoid restaurant appliance repair. By paying attention over your expensive commercial kitchen appliances, you can avoid the appliance failure and improve the efficiency of your appliance to a great extent.
Preventative Maintenance Program for Restaurant Equipment
Restaurant kitchen is comprised of variety of appliances –microwave oven, walk in refrigerators, freezer, ice machine, dishwasher, deep fryer, beverage air and many more. The commercial appliances are different from home appliances in many manners such as functionality, size, efficiency and price. These appliances are required to be taken care differently than home appliances. Also, there won’t be any generalized way of maintaining all the commercial kitchen appliances. Each appliance has its own unique maintenance needs. In order to maintain every appliance in a proper manner, follow below mentioned tips:
- Read user manuals properly to understand the installation, cleaning method and maintenance requirements of every appliance. Different brands have different instructions mentioned in their user manuals. So, you should follow the manufacturer’s instruction to get most out of your commercial kitchen appliances.
- Install your appliance at proper location. For example: refrigeration appliances should not receive direct heat from the cooking appliances.
- Make sure that every appliance gets proper ventilation, and it remains easily accessible to staff members.
- Give a formal training to your staff on how to use every appliance. This should include explaining overall functionality of the each and every appliance present in the kitchen. At the end, it is the kitchen staff members that are going to use the appliances. So, each and every staff member should be aware of the functionality of the appliance.
- There should be a formal cleaning schedule –daily, weekly and monthly. All spills should be cleaned right away from the appliances. The appliances should be cleaned with wet cloth at the end of the shift. Deep cleaning should be performed by staff members every week. And professional cleaning should be scheduled every month.
- Make practice of hiring restaurant appliance repair technician as soon as any problem is noticed in the appliances.