Commercial kitchen equipment is one of the biggest investments. When you purchase expensive commercial appliances, you want them to last, and hope to avoid commercial appliances repair. The ideal way of making your commercial appliance last longer is to keep them clean. Cleaning commercial kitchen equipment is time-consuming and slow process. They are bigger in size and you need to be careful while cleaning them. Also different equipment has different cleaning and maintenance needs. The best way to avoid any damage is to read the manufacturer manual for cleaning instructions.
Cleaning commercial kitchen equipment
Commercial kitchens generally consist of two types of appliances –hot side appliance and cold side appliance. The hot side appliances include commercial range, oven and deep fryer, while cold side appliances include walk-in refrigerator, commercial freezer, ice machine and ice maker. Also, there are commercial appliances such as commercial dishwasher, glass washer and garbage disposal units.
In order to maintain the performance and the longevity of your commercial appliances, you need to train your staff member on how to use each of the appliances. Then you have to prepare maintenance instructions for your staff to carefully use and maintain the appliances. At last, you need to come up with daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules, so that your appliance remain in tip-top condition and operate with the full efficiency.
Maintaining hot-side commercial kitchen equipment
- Check gaskets and hinges of oven to make sure the sealing is strong. Strong sealing is important for efficiency and safety of your entire commercial kitchen.
- All flames including pilot should burn blue. The blue flames indicate the proper burning. If the flames are not blue then there might be something wrong with your appliance.
- Clean the food spills as soon as possible, and get rid of excess build-up on the weekly basis. These build-ups decrease the efficiency of ranges, ovens and boilers.
- Adequately manage the oil filters of commercial deep fryers. Follow proper boil out process to extend the life span of oil used in your commercial deep fryer.
Maintaining cold-side commercial kitchen equipment
- Check the gaskets of your cooling units to make sure the sealing is strong. Strong sealing is important for keeping safe operating temperature.
- Defrost the ice machine on the regular basis.
- Clean the compressors, condensers and evaporator coils of your cooling unit. You can also hire commercial refrigerators service Arlington for this task.